Importance in Sports:
Sports are also an important part of education for students without which an education as a whole would be incomplete. Sports bring vigor and cleverness in children’s body and mind. They can also play an important role for their school and country by achieving position in sports and games.
Football basic points
Football is a very popular sports game that is played at high schools and college. It involves running, passing, kicking and body contact. A football game is played between two teams of 11 players each. A team scores points by moving a ball across the other team’s goal line.
Five Basic Skills of Football:
- Passing Accuracy
- Decision Making
Table Tennis basic points
Table tennis also known as Ping-Pong, is a sport in which 2 or 4 players hit a lightweight ball back and forth across the table using small rackets. The game takes place on a hard table divided by a net.
Rules of Table Tennis:
- Games are played to 11 points
- Alternate service every two points
- Toss the ball straight up when serving
- The service can land anywhere in singles
- Double serves must go right court to right court
- A serve that touches the net on the way over is a “LET”
Badminton basic points
Badminton is a racket sport that is played by 2 or 4 players. A singles game involves one person playing against another. And a doubles game is when two players play against another two. Game play involves the players striking a shuttlecock over a net into their opposition’s side of the court.
- Drop Shot
- Participate in challenging physical activities that they enjoy
- Participate safely in physical education activities at home and school
- Learn new exercises and their techniques
- Learn how to do passing skill in basketball
- Learn how to shoot with correct techniques
- Basic rules of basketball
Why is team work important?
It is important for;
- Basketball warm-up session
- Dribble practice/ fast break/ lap shoot/ shooting practice
Athletic Basic Skills:
They include force, speed, endurance, coordination and flexibility. Motor abilities are manifested on the outside by sports skills.
Among the most important areas of motor abilities are the following:
- Force Abilities
- Endurance Abilities
- Speed Abilities
- Coordinative Abilities
Cricket Basic Points
Cricket is a game played between two teams, generally of 11 members each. In essence, it is single combat, in which an individual batsman does battle against an individual bowler, who has helpers known as fielders.
- Wicket keeping